Abdel Hadi Hammoudeh
Founder of Hammoudeh Group
Born on 29th February, 1920 in Jaffa Palestine, Abdel Hadi Hammoudeh surpassed and surprised his family, and his entire village, by studying Business Administration at the prestigious American University of Beirut (AUB), and graduating with first class honors in 1941.
His integrity was immediately recognized by Imperial Chemical Industries (ICI) who employed him to manage their offices in Palestine until 1948. ICI was particularly impressed by the fact that even during war, Hammoudeh managed to sustain his operation , the security of their offices and their customers’ investments.
Political circumstances led Hammoudeh to Amman in 1948, where he excelled as a reliable and gifted ICI employee who appointed agents in the Middle East. In 1962, he resigned from his position and became a general agent for ICI divisions in Jordan and later offered his expertise to different companies like Dioxide & Tenco.
In 1964, he initiated the opening of an animal feed factory and later continued as a pioneer in the Jordanian poultry and manufacturing sector. In 1970, he was awarded the Order of British Empire (OBE) by the British Government for his outstanding services rendered to the British Commerce & Industry. This recognition remained a treasured honor until his death.
With his great wisdom, and personal pledge of trust to all colleagues and customers alike, his family business soared to great heights. The name Hammoudeh became a household brand that promised constant quality.
Abdel Hadi Hammoudeh passed away on July 5th, 1999 and is fondly remembered by his friends, family; especially his wife and eight children. His memory is surrounded with great love, respect, and a great loss, as a truly great man had lived and passed.